Data Innovation Program Training Course
This course is required for all new Integrated Data Division Researchers.
The aim of this course is to help data users like you achieve continued safe access to sensitive data by ensuring you are aware of why this matters, what can go wrong and what you can do to limit risks.
The course includes two modules:
Upon completion of Module 1, you will be able to:
- Understand basic information about using the Secure Analytics Environment (SAE)
- Maintain compliance with your Data Access Request (DAR), Engagement Agreement and Oath of Secrecy
- Maintain compliance with the Data Innovation (DI) Program and Population Data BCs policies
- Identify and report a breach promptly and correctly
Upon completion of Module 2, you will be able to:
- Prevent unintended disclosure of protected information by using correct Statistical Disclosure Controls (SDC)
- Identify Safe vs. Unsafe statistics
- Apply the Principles-Based Model to outputs for release from the SAE to prepare safe outputs for release from the SAE
Privacy 201 is a required course for PopData staff to complete on an annual basis.
The course includes two lessons on the following topics:
- Best Practices
- Advanced Threats and Breaches
The training is available only to registered PopData BC staff.
This course is designed for researchers who have been actively working with their data on or off of the Secure Research Environment (SRE) and who have completed their initial Privacy training. As a refresher course, it allows researchers to stay up to date on privacy issues and learn abut changes that may have been made to processes and policies related to specific stages of their research project. This training is available only to registered PopData BC researchers.
The course is comprised of one module that includes the following key topics:
- Transferring Data to or From the SRE
- Keeping your project up-to-date
- Publication review and requirements
- Data retention and project closure
- Overarching items for consideration
The course is divided into two modules.
Module 1: Privacy concepts
- Lesson 1:
- Lesson 2:
Module 2: Data access, storage, use and disclosure requirements
- Lesson 3:
- Lesson 4:
- Lesson 5:
- Lesson 6: